- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 4 sticks – 3″ cinnamon sticks
- 1 champagne bottle
- 2 cups Big B’s apple cider or equivalent
- 1 small red sweet apple (Honey Crisps are my favorite)
1. Gently whisk together the cane sugar and apple pie spice on a small rimmed plate. Make sure the sugar and spice mixture is bigger in diameter than the rim of your glass. Set aside.
2. To create the sugar/spice rim, wet the rim of each glass by dipping just the rim of each glass in a shallow bowl of water or apple cider. You can also use an apple slice and rub the natural apple juices from it along the rim. Once the rim is wet, dip the glass rim in the sugar and spice mixture until the rim is fully coated. Repeat with all four glasses.
3. Just before serving, cut four thin apple slices and place one at the bottom of each glass along with a cinnamon stick. It helps to tuck the cinnamon stick under the apple slice so it doesn’t float to the top once you pour the liquid in the glass.
4. Pour the champagne until bubbles have settled and the glass is half way full. Next, pour the apple cider until the glass is full. Enjoy immediately.
This recipe is courtesy of Frontier COOP